Thursday, February 3, 2011

oldie games

A trip to the flea market and Savers last week included a few vintage toys. I love vintage toys, and would probably buy more if I had the room. Now at least I have the excuse to hold onto them while they are for sale in my Etsy shop. That just means more shopping!

I found an old Monopoly game jumbled up on the tarps at the flea market. It look so old and interesting, I snapped it up, thinking maybe it was valuable. I paid about $1 for it with a bunch of other stuff. But it turns out there's a lot of the 1961 version out there already. And this one had a beat up box and board. But the pieces were still interesting, so I put them up in the shop as sometimes people like old game pieces.



And it's a lot easier to ship a bag of game pieces than a giant game board. Why can't they make game boards fold up smaller? Can't they just add an extra fold?

A few months ago I found a complete Tupperwear Shape-O toy for my own kids. I couldn't believe it had all the pieces! That's the only tricky part about buying used toys, sometimes it's difficult to get all the parts.

Then at Savers last week I found a Shape-O in its original 1985 box. I can't imagine the story behind it that it hadn't been used for over 20 years.



But there it was, looking all happy and pristine for only $1.99. I originally was going to give it to my niece, but as my sister is sometimes wary about used toys, I ended up putting it in the shop instead.

I get to go to the flea market again tomorrow, I wonder what I'll find!

No comments:

Post a Comment