Tuesday, February 8, 2011

thrift share #1

I wish I had better photos and info to share this week, but after a weekend with guests, parties, and sickness, I am still trying to catch up.

Not that the weekend was poor by any means. The sickness didn't really cause me to crash until about 9pm Sunday night, so I actually did get to enjoy all the time spent with friends and family. But I am still slowly recovering. I can go for about five hours, then need at least an hour of down time before I can get going again. I'm getting weak again, though, so better finish this up while I still have the energy!




I managed to hit both the flea market and my favorite thrift store this weekend. Both were average trips, though I've only researched part of my haul so far. And, as above, I haven't managed to take any individual photos yet.

So far the interesting things are:
  • A boiled wool Austrian jacket - paid about $.50, but don't think it's worth more than $10
  • Giant box of vintage buttons on cards - paid $2, think I'll be able to separate it out enough to make a few interesting lots
  • Greek grasshopper pull toy - paid $1, found the company is out of business and should be able to fetch a good amount
  • 2001 Willow Tree angel figure - paid $1, thought maybe since it was older it would be hard to find, but found about 30 on ebay.
  • Tiny gumball machine - paid $1, may be from the 80s, and is cute enough to be worth the money!
  • Old pyrex coffee maker - paid $3, still haven't even unwrapped it to read the instructions inside, but hopeful it's interesting
And the one that got away was an American Girl typewriter for $3. I was on the fence about this one, but since the guy wouldn't go any lower, and I didn't know very much about it, I passed. Found out it's in demand on ebay in the $30-$40 range. Drat!

Moral of the weekend: Don't look up the things you didn't buy after the fact and just buy a data package for your phone so you don't make the same mistakes again!

Linking up to Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment